What do you understand by the topic or header which is Gmail com? This very one can be confusing mostly to non-internet users of first-time users of the internet. Well not to waste much of your time, the “Gmail com” simply means Gmail.com. And gmail.com in the simplest of terms is the URL through which users can get access to the Gmail platform.
SEE ALSO>>>>>>> GMAIL LOGIN
SEE ALSO>>>>>>> GMAIL EMAIL APP
With the above, one can now clearly say that it all boils down to Gmail. The real question here is now what is Gmail? Do you know? If you do not know what Gmail is you have nothing to worry about? In this article, I will be listing out everything you need to know about the term Gmail.
What Is Gmail
Gmail is an emailing service that is developed by Google. The service was first launched by Google on April 1st, 2004. Then it was in its testing phase. The testing phase of the service was concluded on July 7th, 2009. Gmail is not the first email service provider but it is indeed the best. It has been a miracle since it was launched. During its launch, it had an initial one gigabyte of storage capacity available to its user which was at that time significantly higher than what its competitors were giving to its users. I think with this move the platform became prominent among email users.
The service now provides its users with 15 gigabytes of storage. Users making use of the service can now send emails totaling 25 megabytes in size and can receive emails up to 50 megabytes in size. Users can send larger files using this service. But in order to do this, they have to insert files via the Google drive platform. Furthermore, users can buy additional storage space on this service. There are paid plans on the platform for up to 30 terabytes per person. For users to enjoy this feature they have to subscribe monthly.
How to Sign Up For a Gmail Account
Now that you know what the Gmail platform and service is all about, what do you think? If you haven’t made use of the platform before it is high time you make use of it. To sign up for a Gmail account, follow the steps below;
- Go to the official Gmail page online at www.gmail.com.
- Click on the create account tab.
- Choose the type of account you want to create, business or personal.
- For personal fill in the necessary information in the right boxes and click on next.
- Enter your mobile number on the next page.
You will be sent a code to verify your account. Once this is done your account will be ready for use.
Now that you have signed up for a Gmail account, do you know how to log in to that same account in the future? You might be using a pubic system in operating your Gmail account and so, therefore, it is very important to logout when you are done. What if for instance after logging out of your Gmail account you forgot how to login? What do you do in such a situation? If you do not know to login to your Gmail account, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. I will be telling you how to successfully login to your Gmail account in a moment. To do this, just follow the steps below;
- Go to www.gmail.com on your computer.
- Enter your login details such as your Google account email or phone number and your password.
- Click on sign in.
That’s all on signing in or logging in to your Gmail account. If you want to sign in to another account, click on use another account. In some cases, you might see a page describing Gmail instead of the sign in or login page itself. In such situation click on sign in at the top of the page and you will be taken to the login or sign in page.
On Android Devices
- Launch the Gmail app on your android device.
- Tap your profile picture on the top right corner of your device.
- If login details are entered in the sign-in fields, tap on add another account.
- Choose the type of account you want to add.
- Lastly, follow the steps on your screen to successfully add your account.
You will be signed in or logged in to your Gmail account immediately.
iPhone and iPad
- Open the Gmail app on your iPad or iPhone device.
- In the top right corner of your page, tap on your profile picture.
- Tap on add another account.
- Follow the prompt to add your account and successfully log in to your account.
On the Gmail app on iOS devices, you can add both Gmail and non-Gmail accounts such as cloud accounts. That’s all on logging into your Gmail accounts on different devices.