Do you know of the Gmail email app? If you do not know anything about it, let me tell you something about it. The Gmail email app is the mobile application of the Google emailing service Gmail. This Google emailing service was launched on April 1st, 2004. Ever since the service was launched the service has enjoyed tremendous growth. This Google service is not the first emailing service but it is so far the best of its kind.
At first, when it was launched it provided a one-gigabyte storage capacity to its users. But over the years until now that capacity has increased significantly. It now has 15 gig byte worth of storage available to users. The platform and service also provide more storage space for its users which are up to 30 terabytes via the Google one tool. But for users to enjoy this feature on the platform they have to pay for the service since it is a paid subscription service of the Google emailing service Gmail.
This service has mobile applications for both Android and iOS devices. This Gmail app was launched somewhere around November 2014 and it is the first app on the Google play store to hit over one billion downloads and installations. Of the 1.2 billion active Google email users, 75% are mobile users. This app has proved its worth since its launch. Users can not only send and receive emails from other active Gmail users; they can also receive and send emails from non-Gmail users. With this mobile app, users can now access their Gmail account and emails on the go, from anywhere and at any time they feel like.
Create Gmail Account
I hope that with the write up above you now has a fundamental understanding of what the Gmail email app is all about? Now the next question here is do you know how to get this emailing app for your device? Before that, let me ask you another question, do you know that you need an account to get this app up and running on your device? I guess you do not know about this. If you do not know, you have nothing to worry about. This is one of the many reasons am here, to put you through of course.
Before you can make use of the Gmail emailing app successfully you need to at least have a Gmail account. Do not get me wrong here. You can get this app downloaded and installed to your device, but without an account; this very app will be dormant. For those who already know about this, they have created an account first before downloading the app. Others create their account immediately after downloading the app via the app itself. If you want to successfully create a Gmail account, follow the steps below;
Account Creation Steps
- On your device go to Google.
- On the Gmail web page, tap or click on the “create an account” tab.
- You will be taken to a fresh page. Enter your first and your last names in the name box provided for you.
- Choose your preferred username in the username box. This username will be your email address companied by @ gmail.com.
- Enter your preferred password for your Gmail email account. You will also have to confirm your password in this section.
- Click or tap on next. On the next page, you will be asked to provide your phone number and you will also have to verify your phone number.
- You will have to provide an alternate email address. This is done in a bid to enable users to recover lost passwords.
- Enter your birth date and your gender in the appropriate boxes or fields.
- Click or tap on next.
- Check the “I Agree” box next to the privacy and terms. Before you do this it is important that you go through or read first, so as to know what you are signing up to.
That’s all on creating an account. Immediately you will be taken your Gmail email account and from there you can manage your information and also set your account just the way you want it.
On this header I will be putting users through on how to sign in or login to their accounts whenever and wherever they choose to. Many users have previously logged out of their accounts without having the basic knowledge or lacking the technical know-how of resigning into their accounts. They may not have lost their account passwords or username, the thing is that they may not just know where to go; in order words, they lack direction. Follow the steps below to login to your Gmail email account via the mobile app;
- Launch the app on your device or go to the official Gmail email online page at Gmail.
- You will be shown the login page directly, but if you are not taken to this page, tap on the sign-in tab.
- On the next page, enter your login details directly into the boxes provided.
Immediately you will be taken to your account. That’s all.
How to Get the Gmail Email App
Getting this mobile app shouldn’t cause any trouble. This mobile emailing app comes pre-installed on most devices. But if you do not find this app pre-installed on your device, what do you do? If you ever find yourself in a situation like this then you have to download the app manually form your devices app store. This app can be downloaded on android and iOS devices. All you need to do to successfully download this app is to access your mobile devices app store, search for the app and tap on the install tab next to it. To download and install this app follow the steps below;
- On your device go to your app store.
- You will find the Gmail app on your app stores page. If you do not find the app on the page, search for it using the search bar.
- Tap on the install tab next to it.
The Gmail app will be installed to your device immediately.